Tuesday 11 September 2012

Steal it it's fine but you won't keep me down!!!

Hey Everyone

Good to talk to y'all again.

I'm writing today to tell you guys about my recent ordeal. On Friday morning on the 7th of September sometime between 01:00am and 06:00am somebody thought it a good idea to break into my studio and rob me of my bread and butter. R92500 worth of my life's work was stolen from me including 2 of my prize possessions, a Taylor Acoustic Guitar and a Shure Super 55 microphone. I wish I could explain how I feel about this cos the sad thing is that it's someone I know. Someone that knows MY gear as there were a lot of items that were in there that didn't belong to me and that they didn't touch. According to the detectives this person (I know who you are) had enough time to choose exactly what they wanted and knew exactly what they were doing. Some of the items that were stolen had to be unplugged in a specific manner that the common thief wouldn't know about. Very sad state of affairs this is guys BUT!!!!

I'm positive that this is part of God's plan for me and I know that now. Fortunately everything was insured so now I pray that they take care of me.

This is the list of items:

Taylor Acoustic
Yamaha PC9501N Power Amp
16 Channel Behringer mixing desk
8 Channel Alesis Multimix recording mixer
Dell Vostro Laptop
Behringer Condenser  Studio Microphone
Shure Super 55 vintage style Microphone
Vocalist Live 3 Harmony Pedal

If you hear of anything like this being sold, please contact me on gazaluz@gmail.com or in box me on Facebook (Gareth James)

I will be performing this Thursday evening as a solo act in preparation for my show with Karen Zoid on the 22nd of September with some amazing bands including, "The Inside Job".

Also if you'd like to just pop in and say hi, I'll be at the 48 Band Off at Barnyard Theater judging the finals of the Battle of the Bands. Come around guys and lets support some of Cape Town's best up and comers. The show is on Friday the 14th of September.

Ill update you guys soon with more info...

Cheers for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment