Wednesday 5 June 2013

My thoughts on song writing... like it or not?

So I just thought I'd give y'all my thoughts on my other passion which is, song writing. Guys, writing songs is like an emotional outlet and when something great comes together, its a feeling I cant describe. I've been researching and reading and studying up on the art of writing songs and yes, its an art. I love songs that have a story and a story that you dont need to decyfer to get the idea. That's why I love Country music so much. The stories are honest, not subtle at all and straight to the point. I also love songs that use a metaphor to explain a story eg. Heart Attack by Demi Levato where she uses a heart attack to explain lovesickness. Brilliant concept or Taylor Swift's "Love Story", where she uses the Romeo and Juliet story where in actual fact it was inspired by her being grounded and she had plans to go on a date with her boy friend.

Song writing is the best form of therapy for anger, heart ache, longing, happiness or pretty much any emotion for that matter. Ive sometimes over heard conversations and just one line inspired a song or someone elses sad story is great for inspiring songs. I wrote a song called "Crazy" which is a love song that was dedicated to my best friend and her husband and it ended up their wedding march. How wonderful is that?

I believe in giving good songs credit where its due, whether it be jazz, rock, pop or rap. If its a good song, its good, bottom line. I get soo irritated with alot of these new musicians or people in general that knock an artist cos its not their flavor. Guys, it takes all types of flavors to make the world go round. A great example, JUSTIN BIEBER, this kid is sooooo damn talented as a musician, he puts some really good drummers to shame and that's only one of the instruments he's mastered. Besides, whether you like him or not, you still find yourself humming along to his tunes, even it is to rip it, chances are you're singing the words to make fun of it BUT YET YOUR SINGING THE WORDS WHICH MEANS YOU KNOW IT and that at the end of the day is whats making this kid money and loads of it and why he is selling out arenas and stadiums and why you have to take your girlfriend and be one the of the majority. You chop!!!!


Guys, stop being so close minded. Open up your minds to new things. you'll probably be blown away at what talents there are out there.

Stay awesome and please feel free to post your comments.

Cheer for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment