Wednesday 6 June 2012

 Nikitas Battle of the Bands



Battle of the Bands

For the next few months I have been invited to head judge a battle of the bands at Nikitas in Bellville. Pretty exciting!!! Im looking forward to seeing the talent coming out of the Northern Suburbs or wherever the talent is coming from. I've judged a few of these type competitions and usually most of them are rigged (the judges favourite band). This is not the case this time round cos the judging panel are close friends and colleagues of mine, Michelle Smit (My career manager) and Donovan Chemaly (Session Guitarist). Donovan has been in the music industry performing shows for over 12 years. He has extensive experience in live performance and is one the most honest musicians I know. Michelle has been managing my career for a few years and has seen and been networking within the music circles extensively and knows exactly what she is looking for. So no favourites will be tolerated and even if we have friends in this competition we WILL NOT be favouring anyone.

I have been in the music industry as a performer for over 13 years and been working within the music Business circles for over 7 years. Read through your rules and regulation forms and make sure you market your shows properly cos crowd response will play a big role in your results other than the odds and ends.

Tomorrow afternoon I will be blogging about what my thoughts were regarding all the bands, organising, sound etc.

Cheers for now!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment