Monday 4 June 2012

Being on 94.5 Kfm


Hi guys & girl

Recently my single dropped onto Kfm's play list. 

But before that my management company submitted my single to a mass amount of radio stations all over South Africa, one of them being 94.5 Kfm. We bothered them for a while with emails asking, "Whats happening?", "How does it work now?" and loads more. Eventually we agreed to drop it and move on to the next challenge, (There was no way in hell i was giving up there). 

Two week later I was on a call and I got a BB from a friend saying "Everything I've Got" is playing on Kfm. I didnt think much of it cos, as I said, I was on a call. Next thing my phone went crazy with sms's, bbm's, emails and phone calls saying its on. So I put the radio on and what do you know, there it was, my song was on one of the biggest National Radio Stations in South Africa. I was unsure whether I was listening to the CD or if I was really hearing right. "Is that really my song?" I'm thinking. It has to be the awesomest feeling, I actually cant put words to it. Cape Town is hearing my story and loving it cos people were smsing in to Kfm and the radio DJ at the time said "they are getting an overwhelming amount of sms's for (Gareth James Everything Ive Got)".

Anyway, I will be keeping you guys updated as much as possible. Im going to be talking through my IdolsSA Season 8 experience throughout the show. 

Cheers for now
 

No comments:

Post a Comment