Monday 18 June 2012

My SA Idols Journey: Part 1


My SA Idols Journey: Part 1

What an amazing experience. The talent for Season 8 is phenomenal.

Arriving at Table Bay Hotel, damn its beautiful guys. Then there was interview after interview and loads more waiting BUT... whilst waiting I got to meet some seriously talented singers and had some fun singing with a huge group of people. There was this guy playing some awesome Violin. What a crazy awesome voice too and there were loads of those types. Competition is super tight this year guys.

Making Top 100 was an amazing experience. I arrived at Johannesburg International and got on a bus to Sun City. On the bus trip I felt the longing to be back home with my wife and son and missed them like crazy (Yes I know, I just left home and now I want to go back). Anyway, moving along. There was a really tiny guitar floating around the bus that everyone got a chance to play on and no, it wasn't a ukaleli (or however the spelling goes). So came the birth of a recent Country song I wrote called "Love You So".

Arriving in Sun City, getting luggage, waiting in a conference room for  a while and then sitting in the Theater in preparation for Day 1 of Hell Week. Then we got our room keys. I was roomed up with a super talented Clothing Designer and singer from Durban.

And that's about that as far as Part 1 goes for now. So the big question is: Is there a part 2 to this story? Keep watching SA Idols Season 8 on MNET/Mzanzi Magic or Idols Extra on DSTV Channel 199 everyday.

More news to follow soonest

Cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment